Thursday, January 18, 2007

randomness from over internship/christmas break

Well. I shot more than I thought over the 2 month internship and Christmas break..

and here are some of the random things I shot.

all shot with my fuijS3 pro!

these are some flowers that I shot - I had just got my new FujiS3 pro (which I LOVE ) and I wanted to use it and test it out. it was about the 2nd or 3rd week of internship, maybe? I know it was in early November 06 and I shot them at the gardens in Greensboro off Hobbs road, I think. it was really pretty..autumn was gorgeous!
THANKSGIVING! I gave myself a little assignment and I decided to document my family's thanksgiving. we always have tons of people at my parents house. we had 20 I think. my dads and my moms family was there. and I wanted to capture my family and our thanksgiving, which is always interesting and fun. there are always tons of people in the kitchen.. I shot a lot that day. there are so many interesting photos, I was kinda proud of myself, I went photojourn style and really got into it! here a few of my favorites. ABOVE: is my nephew Aiden, he had just turned one. I really caught this photo and its adorable! Above: This is my Aunt Donna, that lives in Boston and my other aunt's daughter - my cousin, McKenzie. They were hugging and I was sitting at the table looking for what to shoot next. and I really caught this moment, I really like it. I debated on whether to cut my mom out of the background, but I liked the composition of the foreground so I didn't crop it - let me know what you think!

Of course! I went to the Zoo over Christmas break I believe with my friend Jess and I used my 70-200mm lens and caught this great shot of these cute monkeys! This one stood out to me, I don't really like shooting stuff like this at the zoo because everyone does and it isn't really THAT hard. but i liked it.above/below are shots from a "series" I decided to do alone one afternoon over Christmas break, I believe it was in the beginning of this month. I went to Coleridge outside Asheboro - where I shot that series of Dustin for "fashion" for James and where I shot my panoramic with Ronnie. I love this place. I went back and did a series of myself. A self portrait series.
Shot with my fujiS3 pro and my 28-80mm on a tripod. self timer.

who thought you could use slow shutter speeds in the middle of the day? yay for f/22! i have a few more like that but, I've leave that at that.
Those are my photos from my break.
and internship I guess. I didn't actually get to shoot anything on my actually internship - with the photographer or anything.

SO that's what I've got... I'll be posting more because I'm back in school and its back to the 2 posts a week! so keep looking!

Thanks! and Let me know what you think/if you have any questions.. comments are always welcome and appreciated!

=]

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Mon Jan 29, 08:34:00 PM, Blogger Monica said...

I like the first picture of the flowers. The color looks good and the competition is great too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home